I had been using a USB sound card and input system for my music creation, so that I am able to plug in mic's. guitars, organ etc which over a month ago decided to stop working properly and went on its merry way to create huge whistles and crackles whenever I started to use it to record. We took it back to the place where it was bought in the electronics street and they sent it for repair. that took 2 weeks, it came back, it had at least been tinkered with as one of the indicator lights was not quite in its usual position, but alas it was no different to when it went in. So off we went back again to complain and this time they tell us its being sent off to the factory for repair. After a month it comes back, still in the same condition, I was not amused. However it was now Chinese new year and was unable to take it in as everything was now shut for just over a week. We went back in today and went direct to the original supplier who sheepishly told us that he never sent it anywhere for repair, as they did a test on it on their machine (not using what I use, I have to add) and thought, because it played music back ok, it was fine and thought we were just being 'awkward'. I was a little steaming at this point and went for a wander round the building while Rose tried to sort them out. The upshot of all this is that they tried to recreate the fault but failed, due to their ability to get their equipment to record anything, it has always played back fine, its when you record all the damn noises start. In the end they agreed to actually send it to the factory by fast delivery, and if it cant be repaired (as its now out of date!, only had it for about 8 months) they should replace it, at what cost I have yet to find out. So now I wait, again, but they say it will be around 5 to 7 days before we find out what's going on..I, maybe foolishly, live in hope!! I'll find out next week anyway.
The blog of a retired old git